Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Drops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden

Drops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden

Summary from Goodreads:
Layton Jonquil has spent the four years since his wife's death in the isolated sanctuary of his home, Farland Meadows, with only his daughter Caroline. Mary Wood, a flame-haired, out-spoken, overly-cheerful governess descends on the household changing both their lives and unearthing secrets Layton would rather remained buried and forgotten. Can one woman bring love back into a house too long without it and reclaim a heart too long broken to heal?

Read February 2013

On loan from a friend

5 Stars

My Review:
I love this book.  I love all of Sarah M. Eden's books.  They are right up my alley as far as pace, writing, story, characters, etc.  

If you have read Sarah M. Eden's other books, then you will enjoy this one as well.  Although you could read this book without having read the others, it is a continuation of characters that we have read about in other books.  Specifically, I believe someone reading this book should read Friends and Foes first.  But that is my opinion.

One of the things I liked about this particular story is that the main character has a secret that we don't know until much later in the book.  Often, with main characters, we know their secret, but no one else in the story does.  It was kind of nice to have that kept a secret that we all found out at the same time.  I liked that the story had a lot of messages about forgiveness and healing hurt.  And, I adored the relationships that the adults had with the main child in this story.  It was refreshing to have a young child play such a large part in a regency romance story.  Also, I am invested in many of the characters since they come from previous books.  I love that we can continue to see them and what happens to them even though they aren't the main players in the story.

One complaint, I love the cover of this book, it is beautiful.  However, it does not fit this story.  A simple change is all that would be needed to make it more fitting.  

Warnings: None

I would let my 15 year old daughter read this book.  (Can't believe she is 15 today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment