Thursday, February 7, 2013

After Hello by Lisa Mangum

After Hello by Lisa Mangum

Summary from Goodreads:
What if the first day of your relationship was the only day you had? 

Seventeen-year-old Sara is a seeker. She’s always on the lookout for the perfect moment to capture with her ever-present, point-and-shoot camera, especially on her first trip to New York City. 

Sam is a finder. He has a knack for finding what other people can’t—a first-edition book or the last two tickets to a sold-out Broadway show. In New York, there is always something interesting to find. 

When Sam and Sara’s paths cross, neither one of them is prepared for what they will find out about each other—and about themselves when they form an unlikely partnership in search of a seemingly elusive work of art. They have one day to find the impossible. Fate brought their talents together, but what happens when time runs out? Will love be able to overcome fate? This new novel from award-winning author Lisa Mangum explores what happens after hello.


Read February 2013

Library Book

5 Stars

My Review:
I loved this book.  It was quirky, sweet, thought provoking.  I loved the dynamic between the 2 main characters.  I loved that Sara sees New York City in a way I've never looked at it (not that I've been there a lot).  I loved the 2 different points of view, but one in first person, the other in third person.  I loved the adventure, the quest these 2 characters went on.  I loved the sweetness and kindness between these two.  And I loved the message of holding on to memories that are important and letting go of ones that need to be set free so they don't hurt us anymore.

Truly great story in my opinion.

Warnings: None

I would let my 15 year old read this book.  However, the main character does behave in a way that I would, as a parent, freak out if my daughter ever did those things.  So, there would be a discussion on how this is a great story, but don't ever do that. 


1 comment:

  1. I think I'd like this one, Brooke. Thanks for linking it in to Books You Loved

    ReplyDelete