Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reached by Ally Condie

Reached by Ally Condie

Summary from Goodreads:
After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

Read January 2013

Library Book

4 Stars

My Review:
I have mixed feelings about this last book in the Matched Series.  

First off, I liked it.  It gave a good ending to this series.  I adore these three main characters and I liked finding out what happened to them.  The first book was written all in Cassia's point of view.  The second book was written in Cassia and Ky's point of views.  I found that difficult at times.  This book was written in Cassia, Ky, and Xander's point of view.  Happily, I didn't feel the confusion with these different points of view like I did in Crossed (book 2).  One thing that helped was that the point of view was written at the top of each page.  Hurray, for there were a few times I forgot who I was reading.  There are also some sections of this book that have incredible writing that really made my heart happy.  The way Ally Condie wrote struck a chord with me.  

Second, it was too long.  There were sections of the book that dragged on.  I admit I have a bit of an attention problem when books get over 300 pages.  However, I have read books that are 500 pages that do hold my attention, the whole time.  This one had too much detail in parts.  And I wish there was just a bit more romance between the characters.  There was some, don't get me wrong.  I just wish there was more.

Warnings: None

I would let my 14 year old read this book.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't thrilled with "Crossed" though I thought parts were written really well. It's just that the pace was waaay too slow for me and I got annoyed with the lovey dovey stuff when the world around them was falling apart. I'm going to wait and read this one. I'm just not excited about it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll probably feel the same way about this one, Rum. Slow.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. I hope I like this. I plan to read it in a couple of weeks. I really want to like it, lol.

    ReplyDelete