Monday, July 22, 2013

The Cinderella Project by Stan Crowe

The Cinderella Project by Stan Crowe

Summary from Goodreads:
Committed to saving his marriage before it starts, doctoral student Nick Cairn embarks on a project aimed at finding the secrets of everlasting love. But when Moiré De Lanthe, a smart and sassy research assistant, enters the picture, his Happily Ever After is put to the ultimate test.

3 Stars

Read July 2013

Contemporary Romance, Ebook

My Review:
This is a short, clean book.  I like the main character.  And, this story is told in first person from his point of view.  However, at times I want to shake him!  

I get lost sometimes in the description of the PhD project this character is working on.  Do I need so much detail that I then get confused?  No.  My husband has a PhD and I remember the long hours in labs, writing/begging for grant money, and trying to please mentors.  It is a difficult thing and I admire anyone getting a PhD.  However, I do not understand this characters methodology and I find it distracting to the story.  There are some other minor mistakes in editing, but overall it is a cute, clean romance. 

How cute is the model on the cover?  Sigh.

Warnings: Infidelity talked about

I would let my 15 year old read this book.  However, I don't think her life experience (or lack of it) would help her to enjoy this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment