Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer


The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer, published 1950

Historical Fiction, Regency Period

Read December 2011

4 Stars out of 5

My Review:
Excellent look at the regency period in England with its social rules. The book takes the reader on a fun ride with those that follow rules strictly and those that walk outside the rules. I found it to be a quick read, but I was still engaged with the characters and the story, it was not a throw away. I especially wanted to see what kind of trouble Sophy could get in next! As with many of Georgette Heyer's books, I wish there was a bit more at the end. I feel that the story ends rather abruptly.

Warnings: None

I would let my 13 year old read this.

1 comment:

  1. I like Georgette Heyer, however, after I had read 3+ of her books, I found that they were all the same. And if I had to read about one more "rakish cousin" testing the bounds of civilized society, I was going to scream.

    ReplyDelete