Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie


Crossed by Ally Condie, published 2011

Young Adult

Read December 2011

3.5 Stars out of 5

My Review:
I reread Matched to prepare myself for this book. It reminded me how much I liked Matched. Crossed picks up on Cassia's search for Ky. I like these 2 characters and I find the world they live in interesting. When they are together, I am drawn in.
Ally Condie takes great care to describe the landscape of the area where these two are. It gets a bit wordy for me. And she wrote this book in both Cassia's voice and Ky's voice. As much as I liked getting more of Ky's back story, the jumping back and forth between their points of view was confusing to me. Their voices weren't different enough for me and I would have to remind myself from which point of view I was reading.
If you are invested in these characters, then the read is worth it. I think there is so much more to find out about them as well as the world they live in. I look forward to the next book which will hopefully clear up some of the confusion I felt during Crossed.

Warnings: None

I would let my 13 year old daughter read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment