Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just Ella by Annette K. Larsen

Just Ella by Annette K. Larsen

Summary from Goodreads:
A proper, clean Romance

Ariella was only looking for a distraction, something to break up the monotony of palace life. What she found was a young man willing to overlook her title and show her a new and vibrant way of life. But when her growing feelings for Gavin spiral out of control and clash with the expectations of her station, she will discover that the consequences of her curiosity are far more severe than she'd imagined.

"I watched in helpless horror as two guards hauled Gavin to his feet and dragged him from the room. My voice was frozen, unable to protest as another guard took hold of my arm, leading me upstairs. From the confines of my room, I stared into the darkness beyond my window, hoping to catch one more glimpse of Gavin. He was gone, and I wondered if he would have been better off if he had never met me."


5 Stars

Read September 2013

Historical romance, Free e-book on Kindle (read it on my phone)

My Review:
This book was recommended to me by I am a Reader not a Writer.  I am so glad I took her recommendation and read the book!

I love this book.  Like many clean romances, this book starts with the meeting of two characters and the developing of their relationship.  Unlike many romances, this book does not end when the two characters discover their feelings for each other.  This book covers more time and more issues than just these two falling in love.

One of the things I really like about this book is the journey that the main character goes through.  She starts the book as a 15 year old girl who is bored and looking for something to do.  By the end of the book, she has found a way to feel fulfilled and of use.  

This book has romance (of course), small adventures, kidnappings, unwanted suitors, and so much more.  I highly recommend this book.

Warnings: None

I would let my 12 year old and my 15 year old daughters read this book.  I think they would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment