Thursday, August 29, 2013

Finding Sheba by H.B. Moore

Finding Sheba by H.B. Moore

Summary from Goodreads:
An ancient legend is reborn . . . One that might prove the Bible false.

For centuries, historians have theorized the Queen of Sheba as only a seductive legend, and scholars have debated over the legitimacy of King David or King Solomon. When undercover Israeli agent, Omar Zagouri, stumbles onto a tomb in Northern Jerusalem he unknowingly finds the final clue that threatens to overthrow government claim to the Holy Land, pits wealthy collectors against one another, and sends ruthless archaeologists scrambling to find the queen’s secret burial place. An assassination attempt on the Coptic Pope, His Holiness, Patriarch Stephanus II, is only the first in the chain of lethal crimes. Omar must find a way to prevent the greatest discovery of the century from becoming the most deadly.


4 Stars

Read August 2013

Adventure/Thriller/Historical Fiction, e-book on Nook

My Review:
I love how I can't define the genre of this book.  It is an adventure, a thriller, historical fiction, a romance...this book has so much!

This book follows three story lines.  I like getting all the views of what is going on.  However, there were times that it got a little bit confusing.  It wasn't enough to upset me, but I did occasionally have to go back and re-read.  During the last third of the book all of the story lines converge and the story accelerates.  

I like the characters, good and bad.  There are several main characters and lots of secondary characters as well.  I like that sometimes I can't tell if a character is good or bad.  I like the settings, happening in several different countries, some in cities, some at archaeology sites.  I like the subject matter.  I don't know much about the Old Testament in the Bible and this caused me to dust it off and look for the references myself.  I appreciate that I was drawn in to this story and got emotionally involved.

Overall, I love archaeology and all things related, I love the action/adventure, and I love the romantic  ties.  I joked once that this book was going to be like reading an Indiana Jones movie.  Well, it was like that, but even better.  

Warnings: murder, some graphic battle scenes, but not a lot.

I would let my 15 year old read this book.  I even recommended it to my husband, but we'll see if he reads it or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment