Friday, January 20, 2012

Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder by Marissa Meyer, released January 3, 2012

Young Adult, Science Fiction/Dystopian

Read, January 2012

4 Stars

My Review:
This was an unusual book. If you are looking for unusual, then this is it. Cinder is a cyborg. There are androids, port screens, hover crafts, and the plague. This is supposedly a retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale. To me, it was completely different. Yes, there are elements of the story that you could parallel to Cinderella. I kept trying to figure out where the story was going to go based on the Cinderella story I am used to. But every time I did, I was wrong. So I would not call it a Cinderella story.

What I would call this book is an interesting sci-fi story that I've never encountered before. Did I love this book? No. It was a little too sci-fi for me, with technical terms that I didn't really care about. Did I like it, a lot? Yes. Mostly because it was different and kept me on my toes.

Warnings: none

I would let my 13 year old daughter read this.


Two friends met the author, Marissa Meyer, at the Provo Library.

Here are their posts about it.


http://jennielyse.com/conversing-with-marissa-meyer/


http://cranberryfries.blogspot.com/2012/01/meeting-cinder-author-marissa-meyer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment