Monday, December 16, 2013

My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White

My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White

Summary from Goodreads:
After being dragged to the 2005 movie Pride and Prejudice by her mother, sixteen-year-old Elizabeth’s life changes when Matthew Macfadyen’s Mr. Darcy appears on the screen. Lizzie falls hard and makes a promise to herself that she will settle for nothing less than her own Mr. Darcy. This ill-advised pledge threatens to ruin any chance of finding true love. During the six intervening years, she has refused to give any interested suitors a chance. They weren’t Mr. Darcy enough. Coerced by her roommate, Elizabeth agrees to give the next interested guy ten dates before she dumps him. That guy is Chad, a kind and thoughtful science teacher and swim coach. While she’s dating Chad, her dream comes true in the form of a wealthy bookstore owner named Matt Dawson, who looks and acts like her Mr. Darcy. Of course she has to follow her dream. But as Elizabeth simultaneously dates a regular guy and the dazzling Mr. Dawson, she’s forced to re-evaluate what it was she loved about Mr. Darcy in the first place.

5 Stars

Read November 2013

Contemporary Clean Romance, ebook on Kindle App

I have been looking forward to this book ever since I heard about it.  I love all things Jane Austen and I liked the premise.  I don't have a Kindle and I rarely buy books.  Sorry to all of my author friends out there, I just don't have the funds to buy all of the books I want to read.  I do most of my reading from library books.  However, I subscribe to a couple of websites that tell me about free ebook or really good deals.  In November, this lovely book was on sale for $1.99!  I decided to splurge and buy it.  Of course, reading on my phone isn't ideal, but I figured it was worth it.

Sadly, October and November have been terrible months for me.  I have had a hard time concentrating on books and you may have noticed that I haven't been doing reviews as regularly.  I have read several books, but just can't seem to be motivated to write the reviews.  The week of Thanksgiving I put down a book I had been trying to read for 2 days and just couldn't get interested.  It was then that I turned on the phone and started to read this little gem, My Own Mr. Darcy.

Thank you, Karey White, for helping me get through a really difficult time.  This book brought a smile to my face and a much needed distraction.  The characters were lovely.  The story was not gritty, but real.  I was totally engrossed and routing for the characters.  This is a happy book.  I need happy books in my life.

Warnings: None that I can remember

I would let my 15 year old read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment