Friday, March 29, 2013

The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen

The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen

Summary from Goodreads:
Believing herself guilty of a crime, Olivia Keene flees her home, eventually stumbling upon a grand estate where an elaborate celebration is in progress. But all is not as joyous as it seems. 
Lord Bradley has just learned a terrible secret, which, if exposed, will change his life forever. When he glimpses a figure on the grounds, he fears a spy or thief has overheard his devastating news. He is stunned to discover the intruder is a scrap of a woman with her throat badly injured. Fearing she will spread his secret, he gives the girl a post and confines her to his estate. As Olivia and Lord Bradley's secrets catch up with them, will their hidden pasts ruin their hope of finding love?


Read March 2013

Library Book

4 Stars

My Review:
I really enjoyed this clean, historical romance.  

My one complaint, right off the bat, to get it out of the way, is that it is too long.  Most books I read are not 400+ pages.  So I sometimes get a little antsy around 300 pages.  (More my problem than the books problem I suppose.)

I like the 1800's England setting.  I like that there is romance as well as some adventure.  I like the mystery and secrets that surround all parties involved with the story.  I also like that we, as readers, know some of the secrets, but the author keeps some of them until the end.  It gives us insight without revealing everything.

I like the main couple, I like the secondary characters.  I like that the author shows class differentiation and how the characters interact with each other.

I would read other books by this author, being prepared, of course, for a long read.

Warnings: Babies born out of wedlock, some mild violence

I would let my 15 year old read this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment