Saturday, October 6, 2012

Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford

Count Down to Love by Julie N. Ford

Summary by Goodreads:
Kelly Grace Pickens is an excited bride until she's abandoned at the altar. Desperate, she accepts an offer to appear on a reality TV show, Count Down to Love. Her country ways are a stark contrast to the mysterious bachelor from New York. Wading through hurt and betrayal both on and off screen, Kelly discovers that being true to yourself is essential to finding happiness and love.

Read October 2012

4 Stars

My Review:
I picked this up as a clean, quick romance.  

It was clean, it was a fairly quick read, but it wasn't as "fluffy" as I thought it would be.  I was expecting it to not have much depth.  However, I found lots to think about while reading this book.

This really is like a book version of The Bachelor.  Having seen the show, it felt like getting an insiders view on how things happen.  If you really aren't in to watching that kind of show, then this may not be the book for you.

What I liked about this book is the emotions I felt from both Kelly and the bachelor, Dillon.  The author really helped me feel what they were feeling.  

One of the things that was difficult about this book was that I could feel the emotions from these two characters.  The author really helped me feel what they were feeling.  

No, that isn't a typo.  This was a good thing and a bad thing for me.  I appreciated getting to know these characters and what they were feeling.  However, I also became angsty myself.  I got totally sucked in and found myself in a bad mood and wanting to hide away in my bed and not face the world.  I guess that could be a problem with me, not the book.  : )  

Warnings: None

There isn't anything on a "clean" scale that would keep me from letting my 14 year old daughter read this book.  However, I do not recommend it for that age.  This is definitely an adult book that deals with more mature emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment