Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Young Adult

Read August 2012

4 Stars

My Review:
Take a Bow follows 4 students in their senior year at a performing arts high school.  As with many YA books, these teens are trying to find themselves; Who do they want to be, Where do they want to go to college, DO they even want to go to college?  I appreciate reading about the struggles of deciding what to do with your life.

In following these 4 students, the story is told from their points of view.  Each chapter starts with the student's name.  There are 2 characters that are harder for me to distinguish between without the chapter headings.  The other 2 have more distinct voices.  I like reading in different points of view to see a bigger picture of the story.  I think this book does this just fine.

I was a dancer growing up and enjoyed watching shows like Fame.  I admit I have watched the High School Musical movies with my daughters as well.  This is not a Fame or High School Musical movie put in a book, but it does have the Arts as a backdrop which I really enjoyed.

Warnings: Very slight teen drinking and mention of teen sex, but nothing explicit.

I would let my 14 year old daughter read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment