Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Move

"They" say that moving is one of the most challenging events in life.  It is included with giving birth, death, starting a new job.  Well, this last month has been a challenging one.  After 12 years of training, my husband, Michael, is starting his career as an anesthesiologist.  We have moved 2 states over into a townhouse.  Our daughters are starting new schools in a few weeks and we have been trying to get them involved with summer activities to ease the transition.  We are all very excited for this next step in life, but this process is a challenging one.

When I have a chance, I try to read to escape the stress.  I have read 2 books this last month, but have not been able to blog about them.  I haven't even been on the computer much.  I've been trying to keep up with email on my phone, and a little Facebook too.  Because things are so hectic, I'm not going to do a full review, just ratings.  Hopefully I will get back into the reviews soon.


In June I read The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.  It is the 2nd book in the Bloodlines series that is a sequel to the Vampire Academy series.
4 Stars

I would let my 14 year old read this book.  The Vampire Academy is more grown up, I would say 16 and up.  But this series is a little more tame.












This first week in Colorado I read A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly.

4 Stars

I would let my 14 year old read this book.  However, there are some scenes of sexuality and drunkenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment