Thursday, June 14, 2012

getting over garrett delaney by Abby McDonald

getting over garrett delaney (not capitalized on the cover) by Abby McDonald

Young Adult

Read June 2012

4 Stars

My Review:
I am glad I read this book.  Sadie, the main character, goes through quite a journey discovery who she is.  I appreciated reading about this girl's struggles and figuring out who she is and who she wants to be.  I think we all work through that at different times in our lives.

I loved the friendships in this book.  There were all different kinds of friendships and it was interesting to see the different dynamics.  And the "cast of characters" was fabulous.  I could picture all of these quirky people.

This was a quick read, lighthearted at times (I laughed out loud) and poignant at others.

Warnings: There is mention of drug use, and a couple of scenes of party drinking.  Neither of these are by main characters and not glorified.

I would let my 14 year old daughter read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment