Thursday, June 21, 2012

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Young Adult

Read June 2012

4 Stars

My Review:
This is the 5th book in Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series.  Do not read it if you haven't read the others.  It won't make sense.  ; )
This book was intense.  It was hard for me to read frankly.  There was lots of angst and frustration.  There was romance, violence, betrayal,  humor, the list goes on.  It had everything.  It was definitely more meaty for me than some of the others in the series.  And therefore, more grown up.  I appreciated some of the growth that the characters went through, especially Clary and Isabelle.  I love Simon, he is definitely continuing as a favorite for me.  There were some difficult issues dealt with in the book, including incest.  I can't say I loved this book, but it was definitely worth the read if you have read this series.

Another review (only 2 stars) by Books in the Spotlight
http://booksinthespotlight.blogspot.com/2012/06/city-of-lost-souls-mortal-instruments-5.html

Warnings:  THERE ARE LOTS FOR THIS BOOK!  Teen sex, incest, homosexuality, drug use, violence (against demons and such, as well as domestic between characters).

I would NOT let my 14 year old daughter read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment