Monday, December 14, 2015

Always Will by Melanie Jacobson

Always Will by Melanie Jacobson

Summary from Goodreads:
Handsome twenty-eight-year-old Will Hallerman has finally had enough of the dating world—he's ready to find a wife and settle down. This announcement is catastrophic in Hannah Becker's world. After knowing Will her entire life and adoring him from afar since junior high school, she realizes her chance at love with him is in grave danger. Hannah's problem? To Will, she will never be more than his best friend's little sister. Determined to open his eyes to her charms, Hannah sets out to sabotage Will's wife hunt by placing nightmare dates in his path and taking his search on a wild goose chase. Her plan is risky, but she's willing to take a chance to catch the eye of her soul mate.

Despite her crazy schemes, nothing seems to be working. Hannah can't help but wonder if it's time to set aside this childhood crush—to move on and settle down herself. She's ready for a fresh start with a great guy. If only Will weren't suddenly changing the rules of the game... And how can Hannah move on when Will just won't let her forget?


4 Stars

Received ebook for an honest review.

My Review:
Melanie Jacobson writes great contemporary romance. I really enjoy Melanie Jacobson's writing, especially her humor. This book shows her understanding of complex relationships and finding the humor in the good and bad aspects of that relationship.

There are sweet moments between the two main characters. There are confusing and frustrating moments between them as well. Melanie Jacobson does a good job of keeping the reader feeling the ups and downs of the relationship along with the characters. Does Will like Hannah? I think so. Wait, maybe he doesn't and I am reading that wrong. Oh wait, I think he does like her. There is definite angst in this story as the characters work through the ups and downs and changes in their relationship.

As much as I like the story, the main characters annoy me. I wish I could say I loved them, but I don't. And, I think the characters work really well together. I wouldn't want to date either of them, so it is a good thing they have each other.  I don't have to love the characters to enjoy the story. It would just help me to love the story more. 

This is a clean, contemporary romance.

Warnings: None

I would let my 17 year old read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment