Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection by Anna Elliott, Sarah M. Eden, Carla Kelly, Josi S. Kilpack, Annette Lyon and Heather B. Moore

Summary from Heather B. Moore:
In THE WEDDING GIFT by Anna Elliott, you'll revisit the famous romance of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy... all in classic Regency language and style. I feel a little sigh coming on.

In THE DREAM OF A GLORIOUS SEASON, Sarah M. Eden delivers a refreshing take on the younger sister who isn't allowed a Season and how the man who she's secretly in love with refuses to let her feel left out.

2-time Rita award winner Carla Kelly will make you gasp, then smile, then sigh, as she delivers a realistic portrayal of a Royal Navy battle and the unexpected romance that blooms, in THE MENDER.

In BEGIN AGAIN, Josi S. Kilpack (award-winning suspense author), debuts her first Regency story, presenting a second chance at love when Ross Martin shows up again in Regina's life. (Josi has a full-length Regency novel coming in May 2015: A HEART REVEALED.)

Annette Lyon's THE AFFAIR AT WILDEMOORE will make you rethink the early months of your marriage and rekindle those flames of endearing love.

And... my contribution is my first attempt at writing in this era. THE DUKE'S BROTHER tells the story of two, very unlikely people, who are both willing to put their hearts ahead of traditional conventions.


Read January 2015

5 Stars

E-book copy from author for an honest review

My Review:
Regency historical fiction is probably my favorite era to read.  In my early 20's I fell in love with Jane Austen's stories.  I love that time period in England and reading about the cultural conventions.

This collection of Regency stories continues my love for this era.  These stories talk about the social boundaries, the cultural climate, and the romance that develops and rekindles through stolen glances and gentle touches.  Ahh...I really do love these stories.  

One of the things I like about the A Timeless Romance Anthologies is that it introduces me to authors I may not otherwise read.  Plus, I know that when I read these collections they will be clean romances with a satisfying conclusion.

Warnings: In The Mender there is some description of battle wounds.

I would let my 16 year old read this collection of stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment