Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer

Lady of Quality by Georgette Heyer

Summary from Goodreads:
When spirited, independent Miss Annis Wynchwood embroils herself in the affairs of a runaway heiress, she is destined to see a good deal of Lucilla’s uncivil and high-handed guardian Mr Oliver Carleton.

Read November 2012

3 Stars

My Review:
This is another regency romance by Georgette Heyer.  It has similar writing, words and sayings that I have no idea what they mean but I "go with it", and a wicked leading man.  She has a good formula going.

My main complaint about this book is the lack of romance between the lead characters.  The wicked leading man was really a mean guy.  I had a hard time finding anything I liked about him.  How the leading lady ever fell for him I'll never understand.  I did enjoy the few kisses they shared at the end, but other than that, the romance part of this book was lacking.  

I've enjoyed other books by Georgette Heyer more than this one.

Warnings: None

I would let my 14 year old read this, though I don't think she wouldn't like it, too wordy.

No comments:

Post a Comment